Saturday, May 12, 2007

FIrst Friday

Falafel Sandwich!

Sleeping Creepy Guy

Me at Teddy's

Jeremy at Teddy's

Vidar2, me, Jeremy

Vegard, Vidar1, Me, Jeremy


So, it's 2:32 on Saturday afternoon. Jeremy is still asleep and I just peeled myself out of bed. Clearly our first Friday night here was a success. We started out at a teeny tiny bar called the Robinet. Apparently it's The bar to work at if you are into or in the Norwegian music scene. We met up with Jeremy's friend, Vidar and his friend Vidar. Wierd. They played a really great mix of music and the bartender looked like a pointy nosed Scarlett Johannsen with a blonde afro, she was gorgeous...seriously, what girl in AZ would wear a small gold Adidas zip up jacket as a shirt with dark dark high waisted denim pants and look that naturally cool. Really! So we tossed back a couple of beers there, which is where I should have stopped, and headed next door to a bar where we could sit at a table instead of lean up against a wall. Another friend of Vidar's showed up, Vegard. Between it being Vidar's birthday and us being out of town guests, the drinks kept a coming. The plan was to finish up our drinks and head to yet another bar to see some local band play. So we all get up and head down the street...by this time Vidar1 was pretty toasty. After a 5 minute walk Jeremy and I turn around to check on Vidar1 and when we turned around again Vidar2 and Vagard were gone. So naturally we follow the drunk guy, I guess we thought this was a good idea becuase he's from this area. He took us into this total hipster bar, super fancy Oslo kids were everywhere. I ask a couple of hot Norwegian girls if 1) they spoke english and 2) have they heard of the band Bonk? They answered yes...and no. We decide to go back outside and try to reach the missing guys on their phones. As we walk through the door there is a sign posted for the Bonk show at the Villa... I ask the door guy where the Villa is and he says, straight that way and around the corner. All right then. Off we go. After a funny run in with some, i think they were English dudes, Vidar said he would take us somewhere cool in Oslo since we were having zero luck finding the Villa, and again we followed the drunk guy. He ended up taking us to this really old dance hall type place where all the old people in Oslo hang out. When we walked up the stairs it was dancing to the right and the restaurant on the left. The kitchen was closed but they were still serving beer, so, we ordered yet another round! Somehow in the midst of us drinking and talking the missing fellas found there way back to us. We stayed there till Vidar lit a cigarette indoors and we politely left. From Dovrehallen we headed to Teddy's. Teddy's was fun, another good mix of music played including some Herman's Hermits, so I was happy.
One thing we learned was you are not allowed to sleep in bars here. hahaha. Vidar was asked to leave because he fell asleep in his chair right next to me and another man, a creepy man who was in love with me, also fell asleep and was asked to leave. Apparently I bore people to sleep. :) So after a couple of more beers, some hilarious conversation and Jeremy and I using the coed bathroom together-hilarious, it was time to find some food! Vidar2 took us to a yummy yummy kebab place. I think I may go back there today for dinner, it was that good. By this time is was 4:30 in the morning, we said our good byes and Jeremy and I stummbled our way back to the hotel, it was fantastic. Although I don't think I will be drinking like that again anytime soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha!! Sounds like you guys are having a great time! The pictures are fantastic!

limejuicy said...

I love your blogging addiction!

Terri said...

I am all about that falafel sandwich! The pictures are great, your blogging is great...I am loving your trip!!

Mr. Walden said...

hahahaaa i am Vidar and this is my other friend Vidar and his friend Vegard. like this is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl. ahhahaaa love it :) sounds like fun!

Kimberly said...

i like that a band named themselves Bonk.